At Acante, we manufacture industry-leading touchscreen kiosks. But while the hardware is crucial, touchscreen kiosk software also has a huge role to play in the overall user experience. Even the best hardware can result in a negative user experience if it is combined with the wrong software.
Here’s some more information about the software we provide and what you need to know when choosing yours.
Touchscreen Kiosk Software Solutions
We have specific software solutions for different sectors, so the first thing to decide is which type of software is most suitable for your industry. Our solutions include:
- Criminal justice solutions – software for use in touchscreen kiosks in prisons, leading to cost savings.
- Wayfinding solutions – enables you to provide directions, which is especially useful for visitor centres, tourist attractions and museums to improve the experience.
- Biometric access control solutions – provide extra security measures in various sectors.
- Room management software – used to book rooms, check availability, display schedules and set times.
- Queue management software – used to reduce waiting times, provide information and entertainment to customers, and increase efficiency.
- Hot desking solutions – enables you to get more from your workspace with a system to check availability and provide space for those who need it.
Decide Which Features You Need
As you can see, there are many touchscreen kiosk software solutions available. It is therefore important to take some time to consider the software application you will run on your kiosk. The right combination of kiosk and software is likely to make the user experience easier and more enjoyable – making your kiosk more appealing to customers!
You may want a kiosk that includes billing functionality, so you can charge your customers for using the kiosk. Perhaps you want to charge them for accessing the internet in your establishment; this is possible with software that enables billing.
Of course, if you’re allowing users to access the internet on your kiosk, you’d want to prevent access to inappropriate and offensive content – your kiosk should be open to all users! In this case, you could use touchscreen kiosk software that includes an internet content filter to block unsuitable websites.
Remote maintenance is another feature you may want to include. Some software can be monitored and managed remotely, which can be particularly useful if you have multiple kiosks.
Will you need biometrics? Biometrics are becoming increasingly prevalent in our lives, and they could even replace passports in the future, so this is something you may need for your kiosk.
Choose a Bespoke Software Solution
When you cannot find off-the-shelf solutions that meet your needs, bespoke software is a good option. Bespoke solutions can be built from scratch to your specific requirements, though designing and developing personalised software is likely to cost more than standardised. Instead you may be able to take an off-the-shelf solution and adapt it to your needs.
Find the Right Software for Your Kiosk
Touchscreen kiosk software has an important role to play in appealing to and servicing potential customers. Make sure you think carefully about exactly what you want your kiosk to do before you choose a kiosk or software. Once you know exactly what you need you can get the right hardware and software combination to provide the results you are looking for.
If you want to keep up-to-date with the newest changes in touchscreens and touchscreen kiosk software, check out our Industry News page.